Immunization and Health Exam Reminder
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 8/17/20
If you haven’t already done so, please make sure you complete your child’s health exam and immunization requirements. Documents can be uploaded through ParentVUE. All records need to be on file with your school by October 15, 2020 or students will be excluded from school.
Health Examination and Immunization Requirements:
• Students entering preschool, kindergarten, sixth, and ninth grades, and new students to the district, must present proof of the required state of Illinois physical examination and immunizations. The student history portion of the examination form must be completed and signed by the parent. If this is not completed, the student will be excluded from school on October 15, 2020. Out-of-state physical examinations written on approved forms, which meet current state of Illinois requirements, are acceptable if they are less than one year old.
• An out-of-state transfer student may, at the time of registration, provide an appointment card showing these requirements will be completed within thirty days. At the end of the thirty day period, if the completed forms have not been presented to health services, the student will be excluded from school.
• All students entering kindergarten, second, sixth, and ninth grade are required to present proof of an oral health examination completed by a licensed dentist. This will be due prior to May 15 of that academic year.
• A vision examination is required of all students entering kindergarten or enrolling in an Illinois public school for the first time. Written proof of having been examined by a physician licensed to practice medicine in all of its branches or a licensed optometrist will be required.
• All students entering grades six through twelve must show proof of receiving the meningococcal conjugate vaccine.
• Students, who were enrolled last school year in District 204, should not need a new physical exam unless he/she is entering kindergarten or grade six or nine. Returning students who need immunization(s) will receive individual letters notifying the parent of the immunization(s) needed. The DuPage (630-682-7400) and Will (815-727-8480) County Health Departments offer immunizations at their clinics for a nominal fee. Please contact them directly to schedule an appointment.
• Please note that a current physical is required to try out for any interscholastic sport (grades 7-12). A physical is not required for intramural sports (grades 6-12).
Check with your health care provider to see if they have the mandated Illinois forms. Otherwise, they are provided for your reference on this site and during online registration.
Log in to Edit