Where to Find School Closing Info this Winter
Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org on 12/6/17
Please be reminded of the ways District 204 announces weather-related school closing information throughout the winter.
The announcement is made by 6:00 am through the following:
- Information is posted first on the district's website at www.ipsd.org
- The district's Twitter account, @ipsd204
- A Connect-ED phone call to parents/guardians
- Local television and radio stations
- Emergency Closing Center's website
We will only announce when schools are closed. If schools are not closed, it is ultimately the responsibility of parents and guardians to decide if conditions safely allow for their children to attend school. If children are kept home due to weather conditions, it will count as an excused absence.
District 204 follows a plan whenever there is consideration of a school closing due to weather conditions. You can read more about how the district makes the decision to close school at Winter Weather Guidelines.
Log in to Edit