Welcome to the website area for the Prairie Children Preschool's PTA. We hope that you will use this area of the website to keep up to date on what is happening with our PTA this year!
Meet our 2019-2020 PTA Executive Board
Contact the PTA at: email@example.com
Connect with your PTA! Stay in touch with what your PTA is doing at Prairie Children Preschool!
Bookmark our website:
Like Us on Facebook:
Follow Us on Twitter:
Send us an email:
“I don’t have time to volunteer at the school, so why should I join the PTA?”
First of all, when you join the PCP PTA, whether or not you choose to attend our monthly meetings or provide time to volunteer, your entire family receives FREE entrance to our event such as Fall Festival and Sweetheart Dances, which normally cost $7 per person.
Wondering what else your PTA membership helps make possible?
In recent years the PTA:
▪ Planned and hosted three yearly social events for preschool families: the Fall Festival in October, the Sweetheart Dance in February and the Spring Picnic in May
▪ Welcomed informational speakers at PTA meetings (physical and occupational therapists, police officers to discus safety education, community partners, etc)
▪ Sponsored an entire week of amazing staff appreciation activities including the yearly school staff meal in May
▪ Provided the school with volunteers to help with vision and hearing screenings, school pictures, laminating for teachers, and greeting visitors and parents
▪ Hosted the annual book fair in November
▪ Provided a dinner and snacks for our school staff during parent-teacher conferences
▪ Provided your blue home & school communication folders that our students use everyday
▪ Held a charity drive to benefit district families in need with winter coats
▪ Bought a bike shed for the class bikes
Besides feeling good about what your dues help to accomplish, joining the PTA gives you:
● Membership into the Illinois PTA and National PTA
● Access to online parenting resources and E-Newsletters relating to children’s and legislative issues
● Access to leadership training opportunities
● The Member-to-Member Network, connecting you directly to Congress to influence issues important to children, schools, and families in our area
Membership does not automatically sign you up to volunteer. However, we are always in search of volunteers to make our events happen and help bring lots of smiling faces, and if this interests you, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. But again volunteering is not required.
To join the PTA, please go to https://pcppta204.memberhub.store/shopping/items/57031.
We look forward to having you join our association! Thank you!
Prairie Children Preschool PTA Board
Meetings and Events
Sign up for our Remind text message service to get text reminders on PTA Meeting Days! Text @pcppt to 81010
PTA 2019-2020 EVENTS
Friday 7 Sweetheart Dance 4:30pm-7:30pm
Monday 17 No School—President’s Day
Thursday 20 Moving & Grooving – Wear your spirit wear!
Friday 21 Family Fun Day Event Fundraiser (Airtastic)
Tuesday 25 PTA General Meeting—6:30pm (FREE childcare provided!)
Thursday 27 No School - Parent Teacher Conferences (1:00pm – 8:00pm)
Tuesday 17 No School - Voting Day
Tuesday 24 PTA General Meeting—6:30pm (FREE childcare provided!)
Thursday 26 Moving & Grooving – Wear your spirit wear!
Monday 30 Spring Break Starts
Monday 6 School Resumes
Friday 10 No School
Monday 13-17 Week of the Young Child
Tuesday 28 PTA General Meeting—6:30pm (FREE childcare provided!)
Monday 4 Teacher Appreciation Week Begins
Friday 8 Teacher Appreciation Week Ends
Saturday 9 Spring Picnic at Blackberry Farm, 5pm-8pm
Monday 25 No School - Memorial Day
Tuesday 26 PTA General Meeting—6:30pm (FREE childcare provided!)
Thursday 28 Moving & Grooving - Wear your spirit wear!
Thursday 28 Last Day of School (subject to change)
PTA Meeting Dates:
Please consider attending a PTA meeting this school year. Not only do we provide free childcare during each meeting, we also try to keep the meeting to one hour in length. It's a great way to learn about what's going on at our preschool, in District 204 and how to get involved. See you there!
All meetings will be held at Prairie Children Preschool
Family Fun Day Events
Thursday, March 12th
Friday, March 13th
Wednesday, April 8th