Prairie Children Preschool’s Developmental Screening Process
WHEN SHOULD I HAVE MY CHILD PARTICIPATE IN A DEVELOPMENTAL SCREENING?
- If your child is between the ages of birth to 5 years of age.
- If your pediatrician or other professional has expressed concerns about your child's development.
- If you have concerns about your child's development.
Please call 630-375-1151 during the regular school year. In order to participate in the developmental screening process you must be a resident of Indian Prairie School District #204.
HOW DOES THE DEVELOPMENTAL SCREENING WORK?
- When you call be prepared to respond to some basic questions about your child and confirm that you are a district resident.
- A packet of information will be sent to you that will need to be completed. The information includes a developmental checklist (Ages and Stages Questionnaire), Speech and Language Checklist, and a parent information sheet.
- You will be asked to complete these documents and return them to our preschool office, with proof of residency and your child's birth certificate.
- Once all documents have been received by the school district the information will be reviewed and you will contacted to discuss results of the of the developmental screening paperwork.
- Indian Prairie School District #204 can conduct a developmental screening for children between the ages of birth to 3 years of age. Once you complete the screening documents you will be contacted about the results. If your child is under the age of 33 months, you will be referred to Child and Family Connections within the county you reside depending on the screening results.
Early Intervention- Child and Family Connections:
- Will County 815-730-2617
- Dupage County 630-493-0400